Black & White Fridays - Feb 5

Black and White Fridays are definitely been a bit of a challenge because that goal is to create a new black/white image each week. Well, this week was no different, it took a few days to come up with an idea for these couple of photos that I am going to share with you.

I have wanted to do something like this for quite a while but wasn't sure how I was going to create and develop the idea. So, yesterday, I decided that I was just going to go and give it a shot just to see what I might come up with. Will I was very happy with the results, now I did do some playing in photoshop just to see what I might create.

All of these images were taken at Union Cemetery here in Calgary, in the military section of the cemetery. I was quite surprised at finding the Canadian flags place on the graves in the snow. So I did do a little manipulating to bring out the red of the flag.

Flags in the Snow

This section I do believe was of the soldiers from the First World War.

This one I do believe is my favourite photo of the whole shoot that day.

The sun was rather harsh but I think it helped to create some real drama in the photo. I am starting to really fall in love with High Key images/photos once I started to understand how to create such photos.

Poppy

Yesterday, was an extremely great shooting day. I wish all my days were like that one but I can't complain because those days are starting to become more and more.

Comments