New Canon G11 - Images

I purchased a new Canon G11 for my little everywhere I go it goes Camera.  And so far I am quite impressed.  I am going to take it with me this weekend and give it a good workout just to see how it goes :)

I was hoping for another creative outlet which I think I have found.  I always wanted something that I could take with me on an ongoing basic but my big Canon 40D is not always good for that.  I have also wanted to be about to do video too.  It will be something new and interesting to learn to edit video ... should be interesting to do :)

Just a few images from todays testing and walkabout.  The leaves and colors here in Calgary are just about gone but still some pretty spots.



g11_IMG_0046-1-copy

I love the trees right now, they almost look like veins.  I pulled this image into Photoshop and turned the background white and the trees black but not with the Black and White layers option but through Camera Raw.  Ok confused yet, me too!!  And then I did a soft blur.  I rather like it and going to have it printed just to see what it will look like.


g11_IMG_0032-1-copy g11_IMG_0027-1-copy g11_IMG_0013-1-copy g11_IMG_0005-1-copy

I was a beautiful day to be out and I really enjoyed my little walk.  I need to learn to do this more often than I do. 

Well, the weekend will be filled with photos, turkey and family. 
Have a Very Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Comments

  1. Fun. I had a G2 way back and of course it's a little outdated now and currnetly it's relegated to boring business pictures that don't need to look pretty. But, it took lovely sharp pictures and I remember how impressed I was with it at the time.. It wasn't great for special kinds of shots, like action or manual focus. But, if money wasn't an issue, I'd buy a G11 as a carry around camera. I have a 30D though that I mostly love...although a 5D would be my ideal camera I think.

    The colors are pretty. We get nice color here in the Northwest sometimes, but often the leaves deteriorate with the weather, before the color develops.

    Cathy
    www.createdforinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment