Ireland 2011 - 2nd Day - Dublin Bus Tour Hop-On Hop-Off

I spent the day checking out the sites from the top of a Double Decker Bus ... and just so you know it is winding and rather chilly first thing in the morning!!  I was lucky, one of 23 bus stops for this tour is located just around the corner from the hotel!! 

Dublin Bus Tour Hop-On Hop-Off

Abbey Street Corner: This is mainly a shopping area. 
Trinity College: founded in 1592
National Gallery
St. Stephen's Green
Temple Bar:  This is another big district of shopping, eating and drinking.
Dublin Castle: this was neat to wander around in. 
ChristChurch/Dubinia
Kilmainham Gaol
Phoenix Park:  Looks to be a beautiful place ... lots and lots of greenery and flowers
Wellington Monument: located in Phoenix Park

There were other spots along the way but these are some of the highlights of the tour.  Some of this tour was a blur, it went by so fast but I did go again on parts of the tour to visit a couple of the spots that grabbed my attention.  The Normans built a church in stone on this site in 1191.  It was rebuilt in the early thirteen century and is this building that is there today. One of the main spots that I stayed the longest at was St. Patrick's Cathedral.



Other sport that I am hoping to explore a little more is the Temple Bar ... no it is not a "bar" it is a district of shops, eateries and pubs.  Temple Bar has preserved its medieval street pattern, with many narrow cobbled streets.  I found a Sandwich/Soup & Cake shop, where I had a "Turkey & Coleslaw" Sandwich ... and Yes, it was Good!!!

I wander a little and got a tiny bit lost and missed out on my boat ride on the River Liffey which sucked because I was looking forward to it.  I still not exactly where I ended up but made it back to the bus stop that I needed to be at.  But did see some great old buildings along the way :)

Looking forward to tomorrows adventures.
Good Night All
The official residence of the President is Áras an Uachtaráin, located in the Phoenix Park in Dublin. The ninety-two room building formerly served as the 'out-of-season' residence of the Irish Lord Lieutenant and the residence of two of the three Irish Governors-General: Tim Healy and James McNeill.

Top of the Double Decker Tour Bus.  I was wishing for some gloves and a warmer coat about this time.

And of course the Guiness Storehouse, which I will be visiting tomorrow and taking more photos of.

Comments