Christmas Baking!!

Well, I have been busy trying to decide what I wanted for some simple but favorite squares for Christmas.  I have been looking for the easy to make but turns out great and I think I was very successful. 

I am not much of a baker, but this year because we are all trying to watch what we eat in regards to sugar, salt ... you know the good stuff.  I have been trying to find recipes that I can substitute sugar for splenda and just eliminate the salt all together.

Now, todays squares, are to fix the sweet tooth that we all have in this house but instead of making lots of them I am only going to make 2 rounds, and when its gone its gone!!  Well, thats the theory anyway, hahaha.


Peanut Butter Marshmellow Squares/Butterscotch Confetti!!  These are a sin and thats all I can say about that!!

1/4cup of Margarine
1/2 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
1 cup of Butterscotch chips
5 cups of Miniature Fruit Flavoured Marshmallows
Some chow mein noodles on top ... have to find a better method for adding these.

Melt margarine and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat.  Stir in chips until melted; cool slightly.  Add marshmellows, stirring until coated.  Press into a 9inch square pan lined with wax paper.  Refrigerate. Makes about 36 squares.


Rice Krispie Squares ... I have wanted to do these for ages with the holiday rice krispies but well ran out of time every year.  So this I decided I was going to make them, and I rather like the red and green rice krispies!!

Comments