Birnam & Dunkeld - May 13

On the leg of my adventure, tomorrow I am of to Glasgow for about day and a half. Today, however, I am staying in a little place called Birnam and just a little way down the road is The River Tay and Dunkeld.

In Dunkeld, is a great old cathedral, dating back to the 15th century.

 

It's been another off on day, the sun try desperately to come out but it was more liquid sunshine more than anything. The village of Birnam is only about 40 minutes from where I was last night. Today, I took the bus over and had a very scenic trip, lots a green and beautiful mountains.

I explored some of Birnam but there isn't much here so decided to walk over to Dunkeld which is only a 15-20 min walk across the bridge which was built in 1809. However, I did learn that Beatrice Potter, the writer of Peter Rabbit, spent many of her summers here in Birnam.

Tomorrow, I head back into Glasgow. There will be 2 more blogs before coming home. I promise to share all my photos once I get they all look at and organized. And will try and share as many stories as I can.

See ya all soon :-)

Comments