Edinburgh Castle

What an excellent day out! I want to Thank Iain and Marion for a wonderful day of sight seeing and good food and good conversation. And the coffee!! Two very wonderful people and I am so glad we were able to meet up, you both truly made my day.

We started out on one of the hop on off bus tours and it give me a good overview of the city. There is lots here to see and do and will definitely be on my list of places to come and see again. We decided to go up to Edinburgh Castle and check things out. Walked the last little bit of the Royal Mile which is actually 1.2 miles long, if I remember correctly. All cobblestone, which is alot of fun walking on, makes you look like your hit all the pubs along the way, hahaha

This is the last little stretch of the Royal Mile and the Castle is up behind the big church.

The castle was built on a volcano, and has been in use for 3000 years as a place of safety. It is now consisted a World Heritage site. The Scottish Crown jewels as well as the coronation stones is also located here. So I saw a crown today!!

There are also street performers here and there as well. Found this guy playing away on his pipes. Didnt saw to bad!!

So that is my day in a nut shell. Looking forward to tomorrow, will be out shooting for a couple of hours and look forward to doing a little more sight seeing afterwards.

Comments