Horseshoe Canyon, Alberta

Decided to run away from home yesterday, needed away from the city and to enjoy the sunshine. Packed up a picnic lunch and off we went!!  One of the stops along the way was at Horseshoe Canyon.  I love this spot, it is so unreal to me, how you can be driving across the prairies, green or golden (depending on what time of year) for as far as the eye can see.  And then to pull off and walk to the edge of this valley to find this scene!!!




It is truly a unique and beautiful part of Canada.  I can't imagine what it would be like to be coming across the prairies in a horse and wagon and stumble across something like this.  I am sure they would of thought they fallen off the face of the earth!!!


You can also go on a helicopter of the canyon ... I haven't gone yet, haven't found the courage yet to do so.  But I can just imagine the images I could create.



Always people at Horseshoe Canyon.  You can hike into the canyon as well, should try this one day :)




Comments