Welcome

Welcome Welcome, Little Stranger.
Come, Seat & Read Awhile!!

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Jasper Information Centre




This building is one of the finest and most influential example of rustic architecture in Canada’ national parks. Designed by A.M. Calderon and completed in 1914, it introduced a building tradition based on these of local construction materials, in this case cobblestone and timber. The facility originally housed park administration offices, a museum, and living quarters for the park superintendent. As the first major building in the townsite, it helped to define the character of Jasper’s early development and provided a conspicuous landmark that greeted park visitors upon their arrival by train.

No comments:

Post a Comment