Residence of the representative of the crown in British Columbia Canada
This structure is the third on these grounds, its predecessors having been burnt to the ground. (1899 and 1957)
The first house known as “Cary Castle” was purchased in1865 by Governor A. E. Kennedy.
The second house, different in plan and first occupied in 1903, was designed by 2 McClure and F.M. Rattenbury, Architects.
The Port Cochere, Designed by Rattenbury in 1909, withstood the fire in 1957 and was incorporated in the present building.
The area of the grounds is 35 acres.